I ran this year as a St. Jude Hero, and through the help of family and friends I was able to raise $500 for St.Jude Research Hospital. It was a GREAT feeling being able to do that!! I had no idea before the race how GREAT the race itself would be and how meaningful it would be!
This is me right before the race...all decked out in Under Armour....it was 25 degrees at race time!
Tracy's cousin Cary from Mississippi also was there running her first half marathon!
It was an INCREDIBLE experience running those 13.1 miles that very cold morning for St.Jude. Part of ther run was through the St. Jude complex and we were able to pat hands with some of the children that were patients there. And then there were some sitting out there that werent able to move much....but had signs that read THANK YOU HEROES.....It was a pretty teary partof the race for me. And to see the parents and family members throughout the race also made me realize how truly blessed I am to have healthy children!
THANK YOU SO MUCH to all my friends and family that supported my run for St. Jude and made donations!
No comments:
Post a Comment