Vineyards went for miles and miles on the road to Napa
A stautue of a man working an old wine press sat in a field
More vineyards along the road.....
One of our favorites is Robert Mondavi...so naturally we wanted to go to his winery.
The front of the RM ranch/winery
Campbell and I in front of a 16th century Spanish wine press
Some of the outside that you could walk around and see at Robert Mondavi.....it was so nice!
Grapes......
Grapes that are grown for Cab.Savignon
The girls and I hanging out in front of the fountain while waiting for our tour to start.
We had decided we wanted to take a tour and wine tasting of thr RM Winery....this was our tour guide(I can't remember her name).
Showing us the grapes....
She explained how this was a very very large bundle here.
These are grapes that have started turning....
Some machine that is a part of the wine making process
Huge barrels were the grapes are pressed and made into wine.
A very very very cold room were the wine is stored for a yr.....the entire wine process takes up to 3 yrs before it ever goes into bottles to be sold.....I did not know that!
We drove up a very steep and curvy road and were able to see some breathtaking views of Napa Valley!
We then went on to stop at the Beringer Winery...however we decided since it was 103 degrees we wouldnt take a tour here....just walk around instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment