Well my day was finally here! I have been training for several months for my first half marathon! It was such a rush running it yesterday! However apparently because they changed the course up this year...made for a lot more hills(which were not fun at all)....and to top it off....it was said that it was the hottest marathon in Nashville ever! I did it all.....slowing down a few times for water...but keeping a steady pace. I don't know my exact time yet...but know it was somewhere around I expected..2 and half hrs. I didn't want to over do myself...especially in that heat! I saw so many people layed out on the side with paramedics.... a lot more than usual from what I understand! I had so much fun...and already look forward to next year! Crossing the finish line was such an incredible feeling!!!
This is me...right before heading to my coral to start.

My mom and da, Tracy and the girls were waiting on the bridge for me to come by them...which was around 12.5 miles...so i was defiantly pumped at that point to see the home stretch!!

I'm smiling hard...just saw my family.....and are almost finished!!! I'm not sure what is going on with my arm here...lol!

We went to Mellow Mushroom after the race to eat...after waiting in Marathon traffic for almost 2 hrs(not fun)!!!!

Campbell being silly!

All in all a great day..and awesome experience!!!
2 comments:
Congrats Katherine!
Congratulations, Katherine!!! I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment